Edexcel curriculum (2015)
Law & Legislation
• The school/technical team will be responsible for backing up/disaster recovery if the data is stored on hard discs (connected to the school's servers)
• The storage provider is responsible for backup/disaster recovery if the school stores its data in the 'cloud'
• The school's files are available without an internet connection if data is stored on hard discs (connected to the school's servers)
• An internet connection is required to access the school's files if they are stored in the 'cloud'
• Staff at the school can access their files anywhere by using mobile devices if the school's files are stored in the 'cloud'
• The staff can access their files at school only if the data is stored on hard discs (connected to the school's servers)
• The school will be responsible for maintaining the servers, replacing them when they age/technology becomes outdated
• The storage provider is responsible for updating the storage system in the cloud and providing new technology as it evolves
• The school will be responsible for increasing the storage capacity of their servers as demands evolve
• The storage provider is able to provide additional storage space on demand.